Engage India: Association of Professors
A network of university academics engaged in Canada-India academic exchanges or linkages
• To bring together Canadian and Indian faculty members to foster collaborative research
• To promote educational exchange between Canadian and Indian faculty members
• To provide a forum for discussion of scientific problems and challenges of common interest
• To conduct workshops, seminars and conferences on topics of mutual interest
• To stimulate productive collaboration that can lead to joint publications
• To engage students and public in dissemination of scientific knowledge
Engage India: Association of Professors was originally co-founded at UAlberta by Dr. Thomast Thundat and Dr. Sushanta Mitra. The association officially launched on March 12, 2013 and was inaugurated by former President and Vice-Chancellor, Dr. Indira V. Samarasekera.
After a period of inactivity, EIAP was re-launched on April 4, 2019 by the new Executive Steering Committee, led by Dr. Amit Kumar. Membership now totals over 40 professors across 9 faculties.