Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) is a public research university, which was founded in 1961. It is one of the original Indian Institutes of Technology created as centres of excellence for higher training, research and development in science, engineering and technology in India. It hosts over 8,300 students and is organized in 13 departments.
A selection of the IITD’s research centres and all of the university’s departments and schools are listed below.
Departments and Schools
• Department of Applied Mechanics
• Department of Biochemical
• Department of Chemical Engineering
• Department of Chemistry
• Department of Civil Engineering
• Department of Computer Science and Engineering
• Department of Electrical Engineering
• Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
• Department of Management Studies
• Department of Mathematics
• Department of Mechanical Engineering
• Department of Physics
• Department of Textile Technology
• School of Biological Sciences
• School of Information Technology
• School of Telecommunication Technology and Management
• Centre for Applied Research in Electronics
• Centre for Atmospheric Sciences
• Centre for Biomedical Engineering
• Centre for Energy Studies
• Center for Polymer Science and Engineering
• Computer Services Centre
• Educational Technology Services Centre
Dr. Rajender Gupta, Professor in the Dept. of Chemical and Materials Engineering, received his MTech from IITD in 1974.
Dr. Suddhasatwa Basu, Professor in the Dept. of Chemical Engineering at IITD, was a Post-Doctoral Fellow from 1994-1997 and a Visiting Professor in 2000 and 2002 in the Dept. of Chemical & Material Engineering at UAlberta.
Dr. Seyed Hasnain, Distinguished Professor of Biological Sciences at IITD and former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Hyderabad, came to UAlberta in the early 1980s as a postdoctoral fellow and was subsequently selected for the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research Fellow Award, to work in the Dept. of Medicine from 1983–85.