Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) is a public institution founded in 1958 and is regarded as a leader in engineering research. It offers courses in a range of subjects including aerospace engineering, chemistry, biosciences, physics, and mathematics; program areas have since extended into the humanities and social sciences. IITB is increasingly known for their innovative short-term courses through continuing education and distance education programs. The institute hosts the annual Techfest, Asia’s largest science and tech festival with competitions, exhibitions, and guest speaker presentations.
IITB has the following departments and research centres:
• Department of Aerospace Engineering
• Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
• Department of Chemical Engineering
• Department of Chemistry
• Department of Civil Engineering
• Department of Computer Science & Engineering
• Department of Earth Sciences
• Department of Electrical Engineering
• Department of Energy Science and Engineering
• Department of Humanities & Social Science
• Industrial Design Centre
• Department of Mathematics
• Department of Mechanical Engineering
• Department of Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
• Department of Physics
• Application Software Centre
• Centre for Research in Nanotechnology and Science
• Centre for Aerospace Systems Design and Engineering
• Computer Centre
• Centre for Distance Engineering Education Programme
• Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering
• Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering
• Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas
• Centre for Formal Design and Verification of Software
• Centre for Urban Science and Engineering
• Desai Sethi Centre for Enterpreneurship
• IITB-Monash Research Academy
• National Centre for Aerospace Innovation and Research
• National Centre for Mathematics
• Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility
• Tata Center for Technology and Design
• Wadhwani Research Centre for Bioengineering
Dr. Octavian Catuneanu, Professor in the Dept. of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, has collaborated on multiple research projects with colleagues at IITB, resulting in the co-authoring of 8 joint publications.
Dr. Kannan Moudgalya, Principal Investigator of the Single Board Heater System (SBHS) Lab and Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at IITB, was a visiting professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering at UAlberta from 2003-2004.
Dr. Sachin Patwardhan, Professor in the Dept. of Chemical Engineering at IITB, was a Visiting Professor in the Dept. of Chemical and Materials Engineering at UAlberta in 2000-2001, 2004 and 2007. He has co-authored 24 joint publications with UAlberta researchers.
Dr. Santanu Banerjee, Professor in the Dept. of Earth Sciences at IITB, has collaborated on multiple research projects with colleagues in the Faculty of Science at UAlberta, resulting in the co-authoring of 7 joint publications.
Dr. Vinay Prasad, Professor in the Dept. of Chemical and Materials Engineering, received his BTech from IIT Bombay. He has co-authored 6 joint publications with IITB researchers.
Dr. Dayadeep Monder, Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Energy Science and Engineering at IITB, received his MSc in Process Control in 2001 and PhD in Chemical Engineering in 2008 from UAlberta.
Dr. Ravindra Gudi, Head of the Dept. of Chemical Engineering at IITB, received his PhD from UAlberta in 1995. He has co-authored 8 joint publications with UAlberta researchers.
Dr. Sanjeeva Srivastava, Associate Professor in the Dept. of Biosciences and Bioengineering at IITB, received his PhD from UAlberta in 2006. Dr. Srivastava has initiated a student exchange program between IITB and UAlberta.