Working together, the Governments of Canada and India aim to foster and support collaborative industrial research and development projects with high potential for commercialization. This call for proposals is open to companies from Canada and India who wish to perform joint R&D leading to technology commercialization.
In Canada, this bilateral program is managed by Global Affairs Canada in partnership with the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP). In India, it is managed by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) in partnership with Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (GITA).
NRC IRAP, on behalf of the Canadian International Innovation Program (CIIP), will fund selected projects as follows:
Canadian participating small and medium-sized enterprises in a supported project may receive a reimbursement of up to 50% of eligible costs (to a maximum of $600K) over 24 months.
Sectors of Focus
1. Clean technologies (renewable energy, water, environment)
2. Artificial intelligence and Internet of things (smart mobility, smart grids, smart cities, and other applications)
3. Advanced manufacturing and materials
4. Health (medical devices, health informatics)
5. Food and agriculture technologies
Canadian Expression of Interest deadline: May 6, 2019
Complete application package deadline: August 5, 2019
Project selection notification: October 9, 2019
Executed funding agreement and project start: December 15, 2019